FAQs

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Vote! If you could participate in the Iowa Caucuses, for whom would YOU vote?

You'll find the voting poll on the right hand side of my blog. Candidates are listed in alphabetical order, Democrats first, then Republicans. Cast your vote before the Caucuses end late on January 3rd. (Subscribers: You will have to go to my blog itself (www.adancinglight.blogspot.com) to vote, rather than just reading this entry in email).

HAVE FUN!


I realize there are about four or more topics that are viewed as 'those that should not be spoken about', including religion, sex, politics and money. As you've probably figured out from knowing me over the years or just from reading my blog, I'm not exactly one to follow those unspoken rules.

For starters:

Religion: I am publicly and openly sharing my spiritual journey with my readers. It's part of who I am and so I share, but not to push it on anyone. I love learning about all faiths and growing with others spiritually.

Sex: Okay, so those who knew me in college knew I LOVED sex education and handed out plenty of free condoms on campus as part of the student health group. And no, I did NOT go to a liberal college! I worked in a Family Planning Clinic for a summer. I thought I'd 'grow up' to be a Nurse Practitioner focusing on women's health and lots of sex education. This makes those who know me laugh.

Money: Been there, done that on my blog. SSI, Food stamps, poverty--there's no avoiding the reality.

Politics: My dad's a political junkie. It's hard to be around him and not talk politics. Mom's a news junkie. It's impossible to grow up around two sociologists and not discuss politics I think. Abbie, well, she just puts up with Dad! Honestly, I think that if my dad had all the energy to do all of the things he loves, one of them would have been to be a local politician. First of all, he's quite a charmer. But he also would have done an awesome job of what good politicians do--intelligently and passionately serve our citizens. I grew up surrounded by political conversations and debates, and now, I'm passionate about politics too. So, as with the other 'those that should not be spoken of' topics, here's another one I just can't resist.

So, just for fun--since most of us don't get to participate in the Iowa caucuses--and they are a HUGE step in the decision to who becomes out next president, I thought I'd give my readers a chance to cast their vote as if they were part of the Iowa caucuses.

I can't guarantee it, but I think the Blogger polls are quite reliable--better than some of the voting machines around the country! I can't guarantee much in the realm of my 'sample population' though!

And, yes, I am completely prepared to have my candidate of choice lose in this vote!

So, cast your vote. It's completely anonymous. Most of all, have fun.

Oh, and you're on your honor to only cast your vote ONCE.

Voting will close at midnight Pacific time on January 3rd, about the time I expect Iowa caucus results to begin pouring in.

Vote Now!

Emily

1 comment:

Corina said...

ha!!! i LOVE this em!!! although i know just 3 of the candidates, i think you can guess who´s got my vote!!! do you remember the "chat" we once had about you travelling in the governments airplane??? i think about that know and then and how your father reacted!!! i LOVE politics and we (in the netherlands) follow the american elections closely!!
good luck with your poll em and a VERY HAPPY and HEALTHY new year.
love,
corina