FAQs

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Marla Visits! Our B and B Officially Opens!


Over Mother's Day weekend, college friend and former roomie, Marla, arrived for a 'girl's only weekend'. We had not seen each other since our graduation from Davidson NINE years ago!
When she arrived we began jabbering as if we had just seen each other yesterday. It was an amazing visit that exceeded any expectations I might have had. We had the most wonderful discussions about life, motherhood (and the impending birth of baby number two), and spirituality. The emotional intimacy of the weekend was beautiful, as was the blessing of seeing her in person and having the presence of her in our home. Being with her in person again felt so wonderful and solidified even more an already strong friendship that continues to grow with time.
We spent the weekend being very low-key--which was, I think, a great Mother's Day treat for Marla who is quite tired in her six-month of pregnancy and chasing her little three-year old Owen around. Mom, of course, provided us with plenty of good food to accompany our conversations!
I did remarkably well energy-wise and my ANS stayed calm enough to let me get some sleep while she was here. In fact, I think so far, this is the most I have been able to visit with anyone up to this point since before my Gallbladder surgery in 2005. We got a lot of talk time in (along with a lot of rest time!). I 'crashed' afterwards as expected, but did not have the level of symptoms that I usually do and was able to sleep quite a bit of the week afterwards, rather than be stuck in an 'autonomic storm' of sleeplessness, pain, shakes, heart pounding, sweats, etc.
The price I paid in health was worth it, hands down.
Thank you Marla for the blessing of your visit! And no waiting nine years again to see each other, okay???
Blessings,
Emily



1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hey Beautiful!

I had fun tonight reading through your blogging. I knew you had lots of visitors in the past month or so - but very fun to see the pics and hear all the details!

I'll be sure to visit more often!!!

BTW: Have you ever played blog tag? Well, I've decided to "tag" you! I was tagged on my art blog so...

Here's the scoopidy-doopidy: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged need to write in their blogs 7 things that are a habit, unusual or that no-one else knows, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.

Of course - no pressure or rush... it's just fun and games!

My seven are on thecreatorspalette.blogspot ;-)

Big Hug,
Melanie