FAQs

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Getting Ready for Britt, Carrie and David...

Our house somehow seems a bit more 'alive' with the addition of a high chair, a portable crib, a basket full of baby toys, children's music in the CD players, and board books from the library.


And it's certainly the cleanest my room, the den and the sunroom have been in a very, very long time.  My mom always teases me that it's a good thing to have company every once in a while because I get things picked up for a change.  I'll admit I really like it when all the surfaces are perfectly cleared and the piles gone, but it's so difficult to maintain. When I focus on keeping things clean, then I don't have energy for anything else! So usually the picking up part of things doesn't end up taking top priority.

So, we are ready for the arrival of Britt, Carrie and nephew David! I'm excited to see Carrie again, excited to see Britt face to face (rather than only know each other via email and telephone), and excited to meet my nephew. This will be our first overnight visit from a baby! Asher will be heading to Daddy Day Camp while the company is here.

We'll get good girl time together, spend good quality time with David, eat good food (Britt and Carrie are in charge! Yum!), and hang out in good 'ol comfy clothes.  I'm so very blessed that they are all willing to make this trip from so far away to come and visit. 

They'll be arriving on Thursday afternoon and leaving on Sunday morning. I skipped my shot this week in hopes that I'll be feeling at least a touch better than usual. We'll see. It all depends on whether my body lets me sleep or not!  The new medication (midodrine) that I am taking to raise my blood pressure has been giving me some better days, but it's been unpredictable so far. My 'job' for the next day is to rest up.

Safe travels to you three! I can't wait to hug you Carrie and Britt and kiss my little nephew!

Blessings,

Emily

Photos:  Basket of toys awaiting David's arrival...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have fun my dear Em! We just had my Nephew David here with his 13 mo old son.... he's SO adorable - well they both are, but I meant the baby LOL!

I realized how much our house is NOT baby proofed, but we had a great visit. Hope yours is wonderful!

xox
Melanie