FAQs

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Basket of Toys...For ME?!

Asher seems to believe that any basket full of toys is for him. (He has two plastic crates full of toys and he knows that they are his. He also knows that other stuffed items or such around the house are NOT for him.) 

If the toys are plush they must definitely be for him.

And if they make noises like squeak or crinkle or grunt, that is an extra plus.

Here he is checking out David's toys today. 

Ooooh, what is that I see! More toys for ME? Is that toy a plush one?

This must be MINE!

Got it!
Can I get away before Emily takes it from me? 

Don't worry Carrie, I didn't let him play with this toy! It doesn't have doggie slobber on it, I promise.  I just couldn't resist letting him check out the new basket of toys that appeared recently in our house. I've been keeping the basket covered so he won't get any ideas that the are toys for him!

I know I'm posting a lot of pictures of Asher these days. Every day he makes me smile. Every day he brings me comfort. Every day he teaches me to slow down and breathe. Every day he reminds me about the importance of play. Every day he cuddles with me for hours. Every day he keeps me company.

Today I slept in very, very late because I didn't sleep last night (I know, the story of my life). When he got into bed with me before I got up, he fell asleep nestled against me. When he does this, I feel like I could stay there all day. And it takes all I have to make myself get out of bed!

He's my favorite and most photogenic subject! :) Although, I can hear my dad arguing against this right about now...thinking HE is the most photogenic!

Blessings,

Emily


1 comment:

M.S. said...

He is your baby... take all the pictures you can!