FAQs

Monday, January 26, 2009

B, C, D, and E!


I just wanted to share two of my very favorite pictures from this past weekend with Britt, Carrie, and David. Here's a picture of all of us together--B, C, D and E! 

I think I took over 75 pictures! (I've always had a thing for taking a LOT of pictures--I never want to miss a Kodak moment!). I know I'm going to go overboard in posting pics so bear with me. It was one wonderful weekend.

In the picture below we are all getting David ready for his bath. He's such a joyful, happy, loved baby and this picture just makes me smile! He's at the age when he doesn't really want anyone else to hold him other than mommy, so I really, really treasured the moments that he let me hold him. This was one of the best!


If possible I will continue to post about the weekend, along with other topics, throughout the week. 

I took a week off from my bicillin injection last week so that I could feel better for the visit with B, C, and D. It worked! I didn't sleep well most of the week/weekend, but I still had more energy than I have ever had for company. Tomorrow, it's back to 'work', back to getting a shot, a phone consult with Dr. Lyme, and probably time to do some increasing of my Lyme medications.

Mostly, I just feeling like shouting out loud with joy right now that I was able to have this weekend with B, C, and D. 

I am grateful that my body cooperated to some degree and that the new blood pressure raising meds gave me more energy. 

I am incredibly blessed that B, C, and D travelled all this way to visit. This is the first time I have been able to meet one of my friends' children--and it was amazing. I am so thankful to Carrie for allowing me to be part of David's life in this way. 

Britt and Carrie made the weekend extremely special. They cooked, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, went the the grocery store, planned the menu, found their way around the house, and helped me out by getting out snacks or lunches or whatever I needed. They are both great about saying, 'Hey Emily, do you need to sit down? Or recline?' They also made it so that by doing some things for me that I might otherwise have done for myself, I had more energy to play with David, which was really special.

They made it so easy to have company.  And for having never spent any time together in person before this trip, I thought Britt and I got along great! We were all so relaxed together.

We had a nice combo of girl time and time with David. He's an absolute light and I'm completely in love with my little nephew!

Thank you B, C and D for the amazing, beautiful, wonderful and fun visit!

I'd say it was a pretty good week--ushering in a new president and ushering in a great set of visitors! What a way to start off 2009!

Lots of love,
Emily


Photos:  David, Carrie, Me, Britt; Me and David


No comments: