FAQs

Thursday, May 07, 2015

Happy 70th Birthday To My Mom!

Rockford College Years


Happy 70th Birthday Mom!


Birthday Surprise!


This fabulous women that I have the privilege to call my mom turns 70 today. I'd say she looks fantastic for 70.

We are enjoying celebrating HER this week. 

First up (Wednesday Evening): dinner out at our favorite restaurant. We topped it off with a fried banana with ice cream and a happy birthday serenade. 

Second (Thursday Afternoon): massages for both of us. Fantastic!

Third (today): Mom will spend much of her actual Birth Day doing one of the things she loves most--buying flowers and such for her garden, which we hope to work on planting together this weekend (I love to help with the pots!). She'll take the night off from cooking and we'll have frozen pizzas, wine and chocolate! She'll get her presents too! Honestly, we are just planning to have a low-key day together.

Last up (Saturday night): we are going to a Patsy Cline musical at a local theater company. This will be my FIRST performance sitting in 'normal people chairs'! :)

Otherwise, we will just focus on spending this birthday and Mother's Day weekend being together.


Taking In The Birthday Serenade


In your 70 years Mom, you've touched so many lives--probably none more than mine. Here are 70 words that I think describe who you are, what you give to the world, and the many hats you wear. Believe it or not, I came up with way more than 70 words and had to minimize!


Deciding On Her Wish


Loving   Kind  Generous   Smart   Strong 

Compassionate   Passionate   Big Smile   Thoughtful   Teacher     

Sympathetic  Hard Working  Pioneer Ambitious   Gardener

Empathetic  Hearty Laugh   Citizen  Beautiful

Fantastic Cook   Feminist   Selfless   Canine Mom   Democrat 


Wish Made!


Resilient   Perseverant  Inspiring   Caregiver   Patience

Hospitality   Service   Volunteerism   Ph.D.   Welcoming

Mom to Me   Daughter   Sister   Aunt   Friend

Neighbor   Confidante   Nature Lover   Reader   Analytical

Resourceful   Hillraiser     Writer   Courageous


Tiptoe Through The Tulips


Walker    Sacrifice   Independent   Gentle

Reliable   Always there for me   Dependable  Helpful  

Down-to-Earth   Appreciative   Lifelong Learner  Listener  

Capable   Competent  Honest   Strong Character   

Integrity   Nurturing   Classical Music Lover

Phenomenal   Brave   

A Blessing   



At The Arboretum On Tuesday

In this decade, my hope for my mom is that she may enjoy good health; love; unexpected joy; her hobbies and trips to the beach; the things she has missed out on while taking care of me over the past 17 years, and so much more. I hope that as my health improves it means greater freedom for Mom and more time to do the things she so loves and enjoys. She has so many passions and so much to give to this community, that I know big things await her in this decade.


70 Looks Good On Her!

No human being has more deeply influenced my life more than you Mom--you are my inspiration, my best friend, my caregiver, my role model, my teacher, my most amazing supporter. As a mom, you are amazing in your love, respect, appreciation, empathy, listening, caring, gifts of time, dedication and sacrifice. As a citizen, you are a committed and active community member, a passionate political voice and a locavore. As a woman, you are a pioneer when it comes to getting a Ph.D., persevering, and showing strength. As a human being, you are kind--often engaging in random acts of kindness, full of integrity and honesty and a blessing to all those who know you.

I love you.

May 70 be a FANTABULOUS year! And may this whole decade be SPLENDIFEROUS!

Love and Blessings,

Emily

(and Tovah Rose and Gershwin)



No comments: