FAQs

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Computer Meltdown...

Well, I must confess my blog is coming in mighty handy right about now because a large portion of the folks that I communicate with also read my blog...


So, as of Friday after my nap, my computer has decided that it won't turn on. This is, of course, not the first time my computer has thrown fits, but the timing isn't so great this go around.



I just wanted to let folks know that I can check email in quick spurts from my mom's computer, but I can't sit here long enough to spend much time or write back. Sorry.



Honestly, if it had been any other week for this to happen I wouldn't be so irritated. But this week? Seriously? I had a 'staycation' planned, and part of that 'staycation' was to spend some much-needed time writing and blogging.



I'm even skipping a shot this week! So there is so much to write about, and now it really is just going to have to percolate in my brain.



Unless Scott or other computer experts work miracles. . .I'll be offline for a while and wanted to let folks know that's why I'm out of touch (more than my usual 'out of touch'). I can still read your news though, so that's a good thing. I do apologize to the folks who have emailed me with things that really do require a thoughtful and timely response--as I won't be able to write to you anytime soon.



And maybe, just maybe, I'm 'supposed' to spend even more time away from the computer than I had planned this week? Maybe it was 'supposed' to happen during my 'staycation'? I can't help but wonder if God had a different idea of this 'staycation' than I did and I'm really supposed to take a major break from the computer. Aaah, I should be better at this adaptability thing by now, but I'm a bit frustrated to say the least.



Knitting, books on CD, and other 'down time' activities. . .here I come!



Here's hoping I'll be back on my own computer soon! Okay, I'm out of 'upright' time here at my mom's computer, so I'll check back in via blog when I'm up and running again (computer-wise that is!) Keep your fingers crossed that my computer can be fixed!



Blessings,



Emily



P.S. I cancelled the family newsletter this week in anticipation of my 'staycation.' Funny how that timing worked out! I wouldn't have been able to get it done anyways!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're my audience of 1 on our spaces blog! Tx for the comment! I promise we'll have brand new photos up very soon. Oh, and I couldn't agree more with your previous post about Gov. Palin. Hugs from Seattle.