FAQs

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thoughts on Writing: Decreased Blog Pressure

I haven't blogged in almost a month. I miss it. Yet, I don't take the time to make it a priority.

Certainly, it's true that what Anne and Scott told me when I started the new Lyme treatment is important--taking care of getting healthy trumps making sure I blog. Hence, the term 'decreased blog pressure.'

However, I'm finding that I've let a part of me go that I don't want to let go. I forgot to strike a balance between making time to blog and making time for other things in my life. Then, the longer I go without blogging, the harder it becomes to know where to start, what topic to write about first, how to even begin sorting through all of the events of the past month. A lot has been going on in my world, both physically and emotionally. I let them trump writing, but in the end I'm bottled up and find that I put off making time for what matters to me.

Tonight at dinner I said to Mom: "I haven't blogged in so long I don't know where to start. Maybe I just need to write a blog with something to start again." She nodded emphatically in agreement.

So, here I go. Short and sweet. A start. A beginning. I hope I'll remember that decreased blog pressure is a healthy thing when kept in check. I hope I'll remember to take the pressure off when it's appropriate, and to return to what I love as much as I am able.

Here's to finding my voice again!

Blessings,

Emily

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you!