FAQs

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Our Labor Day Weekend (Part 1): Seafood Extravaganza with Jeannine

Congratulations Jeannine!
Prosecco and Chambord

We had a wonderful, relaxing, and celebratory Labor Day weekend. 

On Friday afternoon, we drove to one of our favorite state parks with the puppies. It was a perfectly clear, sunny, not-too-warm day and we enjoyed StRolling the bog walk and the peacefulness of the lake. We have not been able to make it to this park since 2009 because it is a bit of a drive. It was special to go and to have more time to really enjoy the park and not feel as sick.


Isn't This Bottle Gorgeous?


On Saturday evening we celebrated JEANNINE and her new job. She's still working within the same company, but has a new position that she is very excited about and we are very proud of her.


Even The Top Has BLING On It!

We enjoyed a Seafood Extravaganza (Jeannine's favorite treat) of shrimp, ratatouille, gluten-free pasta (if you can find RP's Pasta at a store near you, it is absolutely worth the splurge), salad, mixed berry pie and locally made frozen yogurt. 

I'm sad to think about the end of summer and the waning options for fresh local fruits and veggies. Our dinner was almost entirely locally sourced.


BFFs


At our 20th reunion, one of our signature drinks was called the Double Decade Delight--consisting of prosecco and chambord. We recreated that drink to celebrate Jeannine's new job. Yum! With the new meds I am on, I have been able to tolerate small amounts (very small) of alcohol which is lots of fun. It doesn't take much for me to feel the effects though, and the glass I drank was a bit much for me! :)


Celebrating--Ramona Quimby, Age 8 Style


One day on the phone, Jeannine said to me: "Someday when I have a little more money, I am going to do what Ramona did in Ramona Quimby, Age 8. I am going to buy a box of tissues and empty it just for the sake of emptying it, and I am going to squeeze out a whole tube of toothpaste and not worry about wasting it."


Emptying Her Box of Tissues


Well, I stored that little idea in my head and decided that we would each empty a box of tissues and a tube of toothpaste. 


She Loved It!

As you can tell, Jeannine found this all very therapeutic! :)


Gorgeous Dahlias from the Market


It doesn't take much to make us laugh and smile. We just enjoy being together talking and eating good food.

I really enjoy that I am well enough for us to entertain in small ways--and do small things like decorate the table with flowers and think of something fun and creative to celebrate (toothpaste and tissues!). 

Oftentimes, especially before this uptick in my health, just the trying to come up with an idea of something fun felt completely overwhelming and like an insurmountable task. 


Mom's Magnificent Mixed Berry Pie


We wish Jeannine much success in her new job. We wish her new challenges that she enjoys. We wish her a great team of people working alongside her. We wish her all the best. Always.

Blessings,

Emily



No comments: