FAQs

Monday, September 08, 2014

National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week



Every year, it seems, I intend to participate in National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week but it catches me by surprise. It caught me by surprise again, but thanks to my dear friend Rachel over at Cranberry Tea Time, I'm holding myself accountable for participating this year. 
Here is a description from the site:
September 8-14, 2014 is National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week. This annual event, started in 2002 by Lisa Copen, features a variety of ways to get involved including some chat sessions September 8-14 online with special guests.
2014′s theme is JUST ONE. “You may be just one, but you are one of over 100 million people who live with a chronic illness, and most of the illnesses are invisible. This year, choose to do JUST ONE THING… Whether it is to blog, post on social media, talk to a friend, share an article with a loved one…. do ONE thing that will make a difference.
There is a Meme “30 Things You May Not Know About My Invisible Illness”, you can sign up to blog for the cause, read guest bloggers’ posts, and get involved in the campaign on Facebook. 
I'd like to participate as much as I can this week, even in the midst of several appointments. My goal is to do the 30 things Meme, which I have not done for many years. I'd also like to consider a post or two using the JUST ONE theme.

My New Shirt From Title Nine
When I Saw This Was the Wednesday WOW Deal, I had to have it. :)

Do you have a question that you'd like me to answer? Here is a description of the JUST ONE concept:
JUST ONE 2-14 campaign-themed blogs – What is the JUST ONE in your life? Is it just one fear you have overcome? Just one goal you are setting this year? Just one more diagnosis you are coming to terms with? Just one person who has made a huge difference in your life? Share your just one!

I got this shirt as a reminder to SPEAK OUT in general,
but love the timing of receiving it just in time for IIWeek. :)

Even if your question doesn't fit with the JUST ONE theme, I want to hear it! I've been meaning to ask my readers for some time now what YOU want me to write about. I've had serious writers block, so ask away! NO TOPIC IS OFF LIMITS FOR ME.
Please post your questions on FB, in the comments section, or send them via email. Thanks!
Blessings,
Emily

1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

Hi Emily,

I love how you said “NO TOPIC IS OFF LIMITS FOR ME” in all caps!  So I’ll go ahead and ask anything! I may already know the answer to some of these, but I’m going to ask anyway. Sometimes having the question “out there” makes it easier to blog about it. I know that personally I don’t blog about some things because I think “maybe they will think I’m complaining. Maybe they’ll think that comment is directed toward them. Maybe that is TMI. Maybe no one wants to know the hard stuff. Maybe it will make them uncomfortable,” etc. So having a question asked helps to give me more freedom to write.

Here are my questions for you. Feel free to edit as necessary and answer any, all, or none.

- What is one thing that friends far away can do for you that you would most appreciate?

- What is one thing that friends nearby can do for you that you would most appreciate?

- When someone doesn’t know what to say, what is the best thing to do or say?

- What is the hardest thing about dating with a chronic illness?

- Do you want to get married and have children someday? (either by giving birth or by adoption)

- What is one thing you have learned on your journey with a chronic illness?

Thank you for blogging and for sharing your life with us through your words!

Blessings and joy,
Rachel