FAQs

Saturday, September 27, 2014

L'Shanah Tovah Part II: Our Dinner

Shabbat Candles and Market Flowers


Because of Jeannine's new job, we weren't able to have dinner at the start of Rosh Hashanah on Wednesday evening. Our holidays aren't the same without her, so we waited to have dinner on Friday at the end of Rosh Hashanah. Our other frequent holiday guest, Marge, joined us, while Barbara will be eating some leftovers from us since she was out of town.



BFFs!


We enjoyed a festive meal of spinach salad, green beans, tzimmes, roast chicken and gluten-free honey cake. Mom made sure that each item had honey in it (even honey-mustard vinaigrette on the salad). Honey is not allowed on the FODMAPS diet, but how does one start the Jewish New Year with no honey, no sweetness? So, I of course decide to partake in the honey-covered foods.


Mom and Marge


For 2 1/2 hours (!!!) we enjoyed each other's company and the wonderful food Mom prepared.


Strawberry Blonde Dress and New Riding Boots


I wore one of my favorite dresses--the passionflower dress made for my by my friend Susannah--as I think it is the perfect symbolic clothing item for the New Year. I also sported my brand new birthday riding boots! (I know, a little early, but Abbie said I could wear them...:))



Gluten-free Honey Cake, Raspberries and um, Cool Whip! :)


I love celebrating the holidays with these wonderful women.




I closed out the evening by resting in bed listening to the Western Wind's Birthday of the World CD.




Our year is off to a joyful start. May we be inscribed in the Book of Life for this coming year.

L'Shanah Tovah!

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: