FAQs

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Eight Lights: Birthday with Stan and Sandie



Sandie, Stan, Mom

My birthday present last year was a visit from Uncle Crazy and Sandie. 


Stan, Me Tovah, Mom

Since I just posted about the 80th birthday party, I thought I'd get back to my Eight Lights of 2012 and post these pics. 



Sandie, Me, Tovah, Mom

Uncle Crazy had last been here five years ago. Right after that visit he met Sandie and, well, the rest is history. Mom had already met Sandie, but I had not. I ADORE her and absolutely enjoyed spending so much time with Uncle and Sandie.



Sandie, Me, Tovah, Stan

Of course I made everyone go outside and take photos, and I love the memories we captured of that visit.





Brother and Sister!

I think Mom and Uncle look a lot alike, but Mom looks more like my grandmother and Uncle more like my grandfather.


Mom and Me




The Technology Wiz

Uncle is very hip with his technology. Here he's teaching me all about his Kindle.                                  ,


Extra Hugs, Please.

I made sure to stock up on hugs and kisses.


Chocolate Torte

We spent the afternoon of my birthday together celebrating. I asked Mom to try to be lower stress about cooking so much. So we ordered this divine flourless chocolate torte from one of our favorite farms at the market. Uncle goes crazy for chocolate.



Birthday Lunch

We love seeing Uncle so happy again, after going through the loss of his wife. 


Making a Wish


I had decided not to plan anything for my birthday last year, and just keep it low key. It ended up being an incredibly love-filled week--a lesson in sometimes just letting things unfold on their own. I couldn't have asked for a better gift--having Uncle and Sandie here on my birthday, feeling well enough to enjoy it, seeing Dayle, Mark and Ruffy the same week, and as always receiving the love of friends and family. And, we made the decision to get Gershwin! So it was a pretty special 37th birthday!



Sandie and hew New BFF


Sandie fell in love with Tovah--and Tovah spent most of the visit on Sandie's lap. (Asher was at Dad and Abbie's house and Tovah was despondent over this, so she took great comfort in Sandie.)

Serious Chef

The next day, Uncle Crazy introduced me to his famous omelets. 



Passing the Cubs Loyalty to the Next Generation

A lifelong Cubs fan, just like my grandmother, Uncle gave me some Cubs gear for my birthday that I now wear all of the time!

Thank you Stan and Sandie for making the trip to visit. You made my birthday WONDERFUL.


Blessings,

Emily




1 comment:

Kristen said...

Cute birthday outfit (and hair!)! Glad you posted these pictures and had such a great birthday!