FAQs

Thursday, March 07, 2013

What's in a Name?

Freshly Groomed


Marday's Gershwin Leor Shall We Dance

I love names. I'm fascinated by them.

Many months before Gershwin came into our lives, Mom and I were watching Live From Lincoln Center on PBS. During a performance of Rhapsody in Blue, I said: "Gershwin would be such a cute name for a puppy!"

We have a neighborhood of cleverly and adorably named dogs, so the pressure was on! :)

Before we ever met Gershwin, we knew what his name would be. I love that the name is fun. I also love that it is that of a brilliant Jewish American composer who so powerfully influenced American music.

His middle name took much longer to choose. Finally I decided on...

Leor
Hebrew
"I have light" 

because Gershwin is such a bright, loving little light.

Shall We Dance

was chosen because I love dance and it's also a George and Ira Gershwin song.

For Gershwin and Tovah's AKC registration we were required to use the kennel name at the beginning.

And that's how Gershwin got his name.

Blessings,

Emily


1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

What a perfect name!