FAQs

Monday, March 18, 2013

Ruffy, Dayle and Mark

Mom and Ruffy

When searching for our next dog, all of the correspondence I had with people was through email. When Mom and Jeannine went to pick up Tovah we had never met a Lowchen or the breeder, but Dayle and I had spent endless hours emailing about the breed, her breeding practices, and the litter of puppies we were getting one from. Dayle truly goes above and beyond for her puppies and her families that adopt from her. Among the wonderful things about getting a puppy that is a 1. a rare breed and 2. from a small breeder is that, in addition to having two wonderful puppies, I've been able to form relationships with other people who have Lowchen, which has really helped to enrich my life and have people to talk to about dogs, dogs, dogs!

The week of my birthday last year, Dayle and her husband were traveling and able to make a stop for lunch at our house. Dayle brought Tovah's littermate and brother, Ruffy. The two were so happy to see each other! 


Mark, Dayle and Ruffy

At the the time Dayle and Mark came for lunch, we were still debating whether or not to get a third dog and I think Dayle was still trying to decide if we were THE right home for her snuggly little guy, Gershwin. After meeting us, she seemed to decide we were going to give Gershwin a wonderful home, and we are so grateful she did (Happy birthday to me!). It was really special to finally meet Dayle after having spent so much time emailing with her. She's become a big part of my life--always there for me to answer questions and we both enjoy updates from one another on how my puppies are doing and how her dogs and new litters are doing.


I felt a little like we were getting a home study done, I wanted so much to show Dayle that we were giving Tovah a good home and would give Gershwin a good home. I'm so glad we passed the 'test'. :) One of the reasons we chose Dayle as our breeder is because she is so very careful in placing her puppies in good homes.

Hopefully we'll get to see Dayle again on one of her trips to or from her home to visit her son, so we can see her and she can see her 'babies' again. Gershwin spent the first few weeks of his life zipped up in her sweatshirt for several hours each day--wonder if he'll remember that when he sees her? 

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: