FAQs

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!



Here's Mr. Fuzz helping Dad open his birthday presents. If it's a present Asher thinks there might be something in it for him, even if it's just the tissue paper he gets to shred.

Dad came over for a birthday luncheon today--shrimp cocktail, fresh tomatoes from his garden (of which he is very proud), chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered cashews and iced tea. Thanks to Mom for the help in preparing the shrimp and getting the rest of the food. Dad and I each ate 1/2 pound of shrimp!

Oh and did I mention excellent conversation? Plus a Happy Birthday serenade from me?


Dad and his buddy, Asher. Both were looking quite handsome.

Asher tried really hard to give Dad some birthday kisses! Here he and Dad are battling things out!



I finally (sort of) figured out how to use the auto feature to take a pic of the two of us. As you can see Asher wanted to be in the picture too with his own birthday present (the sheep with the 16 squeakers).

I so enjoyed having an afternoon with Dad that we could really enjoy while I am feeling a bit better. It was the first year in a long time that I could get his gifts and cards together with less help, and really enjoy a meal like that.

All in all it was as lovely afternoon, and I think we created a wonderful birthday memory.

Happy 67 Dad!

Here's wishing you a healthy and blessed year.

I love you,
Champ

Photos: Asher helping Dad open presents; Dad and his buddy; Asher trying to give birthday kisses; Me and Dad.

No comments: