FAQs

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Evening St-Rolls...



Many of you have asked if I've been getting to go out in my wheelchair much. I have used it more than I ever even expected I would--both for fun outings and for not-so-fun outings (to the doctor last week with another GI attack).

I had Mom take a picture of me and Asher on our st-roll tonight (she strolls, I roll). Asher eagerly anticipates this new summer evening routine. If I'm not up to going along he's not too interested in leaving the house with Mom.

When I went through the process of getting the ultra-lightweight wheelchair, Mom was concerned about whether I would use the chair enough to make having it worthwhile. She thought that I would be too embarrassed and uncomfortable to use it.

Both Maxine and Jeannine have said to me that when I said I was even thinking about getting a wheelchair they knew that I was ready for one.

I can't say it's that clear cut for me. But I can say that having it has been really liberating and I love being able to get OUT OF THE HOUSE for a change. It's the first thing I want to do when I have a little more energy.



Tonight we strolled up to the golf course near our house. I loved the change in scenery, so I took a couple of pictures. We've had a lot of rain this summer and everything is still green even in August!



I really wanted to go play in the sand!

What a perfect summer to have the wheelchair and a break from my Lyme meds! I've just been trying to enjoy some things I haven't been able to do in years.

Blessings,

Emily

Photos: Sunday evening stroll on the golf course.

1 comment:

pickledfairy said...

I love your new wheelchair. Can you tell me who you went through to get it. I have recently had to start using one for outings and have a loaner from our community loan closet and it is so uncomfortable to be in that I don't enjoy my outings (I have muscle issues due to mitochondrial disease). Yours looks very light weight, not to mention I love the color! :) I have been looking at Inviracare chairs online. If and when you have the energy would you email me the info on your chair. My email is pickledfairy@gmail.com

Winshing you a lovely day,
Sheridan