FAQs

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Aunt Joan and Uncle Larry Are HERE!


My Aunt Joan and Uncle Larry arrived from Iowa this morning. They are staying with Dad and Abbie (Larry is Dad's brother).

Aunt Joan spent the afternoon here at the house with me--just the two of us--for about 2 hours. How wonderful to catch up on person! I didn't want her to leave but it was time for me to rest.

The brothers went golfing. Abbie was kind enough to let Joan and I have some alone time.

On their way to the golf course (yes, the same one that was in the photos earlier this week), Dad and Larry stopped over so I could get a big Iowa hug from Larry too. And get a photo with Larry and Joan.

I miss Iowa a lot. And I miss the many, many relatives that live there.

This afternoon wasn't quite like sitting at Joan's kitchen table, listening to the noises of the farm, and being surrounded by cornfields, but it was just as full of the love and good conversation I cherish.

I will be seeing more of them over the weekend and I can't wait!

I love you Joan and Larry! I am so excited to have you here!

Blessings,

Emily

Photo: me, Joan, and Larry. :)

No comments: