FAQs

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Monday Dog Blog: In Asher's Memory



Pastel of Asher


I know it's been more than two years since we said goodbye to our Asher Dasher, but he's still here in our memories every day. 

I love the ways we keep his memory alive.

Paw Print Necklace

He would have been 15 over the weekend. My friend, Kristen, sent me this paw print necklace when he died, and I have worn it so much since then. We're never ready to say goodbye to our fur babies, and I wore this necklace every day for several months to keep him close to my heart.

Such a simple gift. Such a powerful impact.

I still wear the necklace, especially on his Gotcha Day and birthday. 


Looks JUST Like Him!


Another friend, Marge, gifted us with this incredible likeness of Asher--a pastel done by one of her friends. She used one of my favorite photos of Asher enjoying his time outside, sniffing the air, and resting in the cool grass.


The Framing and Matting Came out Beautifully


We were so happy with how the framing came out as well.


Tovah Rose Approves

I see this piece of artwork every day, as it hangs in our living room. 

Isn't it gorgeous? Doesn't it look just like Asher?

It's perfect.

Salvia


Marge also gave us a salvia plant that has grown larger and larger in the garden!


Gershwin Hangs Out In the Garden

Gershwin loved his big brother so much, I thought this was a perfect moment.


Memorial Stone


My massage therapist's husband does work on granite and was able to make a memorial for me.


Part of the Garden

I love that Asher has been memorialized so beautifully. I worked on it over a long period of time...finding a picture for the pastel, getting it framed, getting the stone engraved, etc. 

I still haven't had the courage to actually bury his ashes in the yard. They are still in their pretty little box. 

Maybe this summer.

Saw This Street Sign Last Year When on Vacation!


Thank you to Marge and Kristen for helping me to makes Asher's memory an even more beautiful blessing! 

Happy birthday to my protector up in doggy heaven.

We miss you.

Blessings,

Emily


No comments: