FAQs

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Arts Fest: Shopping and Visiting

Me and Elizabeth

For the third year in a row, I was able to make a trip to our wonderful festival of the arts.

We went down for a bit on Thursday evening and again on Friday evening when the weather was a bit cooler.

First up, I got to visit with my favorite jeweler, Elizabeth.


Fest (Pic Courtesy of Jess)

Three years ago, when I was just starting to improve, Mom purchased a pair of geranium leaf earrings for me--one of the first pairs of earrings I started wearing after so long not wearing jewelry. Each year, I have acquired a new piece from Elizabeth. 

She follows my journey on FB, she knows just what styles I will like, and she's a joy to know.


Me and Jen

Last year at Fest, I purchased a small piece of art from Gallery Girl Jen

When she saw me this year, she remembered me! She remembered how last year, I had been too sick to get in and out of the wheelchair and how she had helped me to pick out a print. 

I still needed to use the Rolls this year because of the amount of walking, standing and time we were out.


My New Art For My Bathroom (My 'Affirmation' Space)

This year, I picked the print on the right because it seems perfectly fitted to my journey. Jen was so excited to see me feeling better, she added the second print as a gift.

We invited her to stay with us next year during Fest to save money on a hotel room!

I love meeting the artists, engaging with them, and seeing the wonderful art that comes to our town every summer.


Me and Tess!

Fest is always busy with friends who are home for the event. 

On Wednesday evening, Tess came over for a glass of wine and wonderful face-to-face chat. This is the third time I've gotten to see Tess (a high school friend) in nine years, and it is always a treat to catch up in person.

I wished I hadn't been quite so tired that evening, as we could have talked much longer.


Homemade Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins Mom Made for Brunch with Jess

On Saturday morning, I got up early (for me) to have brunch with Kate and Jess, but poor Kate ended up with two sick kiddos and had to cancel. 

Jess and I got to visit for FIVE hours straight! Yes, FIVE hours! I don't know when I was able to do that last? 18 years ago?! 

It was incredible to have one on one time with someone I have known since 4th grade!



Me and Jess

Arts Fest was busy and tiring, but boy, was it great!

Thank you to the artists I adore and to the friends I love for making it a great long weekend.

Blessings,

Emily





No comments: