FAQs

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Asher: Still In Our Hearts One Year Later

Teaching Tovah Rose to Open Boxes


It's hard to believe a year has passed since we said goodbye to our beloved Asher. His photo is still the Wallpaper on my iPhone home screen. I just can't quite let it go.


Three's a CIRCUS!


Asher's presence is still with us, though. He taught us all so very much.

Yesterday Mr. G didn't would not budge from my bed to go for a walk. Yes, he's a couch potato, but he is also a dog well-taught by his big brother. He doesn't think he should leave his mommy when she is resting. So many days Gershwin is like a mini-Asher. I'm so thankful Asher was on Earth long enough to welcome Gershwin and Tovah Rose into our family and teach them the ropes.


Braver


Thank you, too, Asher for being the dog that got me through the very worst days of my life--from the moment I held your picture in my hand as I waited for you to arrive to the moment you left this world--you were always watching over me. You made me braver. You helped me venture out into the world using a wheelchair. You brought friends into my life by being your handsome lovable self. Most of all, you watched over me every single day of your life. You were the most devoted and loyal dog I've ever known.





After you died, a friend sent me this necklace.  For the first several months, I did not take it off at all, not even to sleep at night. Now, I can go more days without needing to wear it, but this week I have not been able to take it off. It's kept you close to my heart.


At Foster Mom Jean's Home

We miss you like crazy big guy. We also know that it was your time to go. So, we just hope the treats are wonderful and packed in boxes with lots of tissue paper for you to tear apart.

Run free, my beloved Asher...

Blessings,

Emily



No comments: