FAQs

Sunday, July 06, 2014

A Happy Fourth!

Ready for the Fireworks!


A cool crisp evening + clear skies + no humidity = perfect conditions for spectacular fireworks!


A Perfect View on a Perfect Evening


In the past 16 years, we've made it to the fireworks here in town just four times. Our fourth trip (this year) on the 4th of July was our best yet. 


45 Minutes of Magic!


In 1998, before I knew what was wrong or why I was sick, I walked gasping for air from the parking lot to the fireworks. All I remember is being scared of how sick I felt. We did not go again to the fireworks for until 2008 and again in 2009. We haven't been since then.




It's hard to believe it's been five years since we've been able to make it to the fireworks. 




While my dad (who I do believe is becoming a bit of a curmudgeon) says fireworks all start to look the same after awhile, I am in love with the magic of them. And it just so happens that our town has one of the best displays in the country.





As we have done the last two times, we purchased a VIP ticket for $20 where we were able to park easily, set our chairs up close to the car, get out of the parking lot and home quickly, and be StRolling distance from *real* bathrooms. We also got to visit with Jeannine and her mom as well as Sarah, Bob and Lana. :)





As I continue to increase the mestinon, my 'fight or flight' response is less intense, while my 'rest and digest' response is improved.

What this means for an outing like this is that I am no longer up sick all night long with an ANS storm, I am no longer paying a huge price the next day (or days) later, and I need limited extra medications to get to sleep afterwards.




This Fourth of July we had burgers made with fantastic local free-range beef, macaroni salad (GF), and green beans. This Fourth of July I felt well enough to put on make-up and blue and wear red, white and blue. This Fourth of July I enjoyed visiting with friends before the 'works. This Fourth of July I felt well enough to enjoy the display rather than feeling sick during it. This Fourth of July I got to see the fireworks in person. This Fourth of July I came home and was able to go to sleep without lots of extra medications. This fourth of July was the best yet.




We love that the Fourth fell on a Friday this year, so that we could really enjoy a long weekend of hanging out around the house and enjoying the gorgeous weather.

We hope that you, too, had a wonderful holiday.

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: