FAQs

Sunday, July 06, 2014

Monday Dog Blog: A Gotcha Day and Some Summer Shots

Wanna Cuddle In Bed Now?


Since we're back to the grind of a Monday after a long holiday weekend, it's a good thing the puppies have provided me with lots of entertainment for my Monday Dog Blog.


Our Water Boy


July 2nd was a hot and humid day--perfect for some fun with water! The puppies were headed to the groomer the next day anyways.


Gershwin and Tovah Rose

They sure do look better all cleaned up!


Our Girl


Even though Miss Tovah Rose had spent the day at the beauty parlor on her Gotcha Day, she had very little interest in being photographed. Little stinker!


Princess On Her Gotcha Day


But here she is, our sweet little Twinkle Toes, on her Gotcha Day--July 3rd.


I'm Still Stinkin' Cute


 I cannot believe it has been two years since we brought this baby into our home and our hearts. She's changed so much! 


Rough Life


When I tried to take her photo by the pretty pink hydrangeas, this is where she settled instead. 


Get Me Out Of Jail!


Stubborn little thing!


No More Smelling Like A Wet Dog


Gershwin, on the other hand, was very much into having his photo taken. He's a loved and happy boy, but oh, those sad sack eyes get me every time!


Sure, I'll Pose For Some Pics


Don't I Look Handsome?

Sad Sack


I am not sure why, but Gershwin loves to settle in near the dappled willows or cypress. 


I've Got A Good View Here


Can You Find Me?

Oh! You're Home From The Library. Good. I Needed A Lap.


Mom made a visit to the library. Upon return Gershwin was eager to settle in for some cuddling. It is hard for us to even sit down completely before Gershwin has leapt into our laps. Sometimes, when he anticipates we are ready to sit down, he jumps up in anticipation of the lap that will soon be his.


Maybe I'll Read This One


Tovah tried to tackle And the Mountains Echoed.


I'm Not Sure Reading Is For Me


But she got sleepy.


It's Always A Good Time For A Nap

Gershwin didn't show any interest in reading.


Spooning


And while most of the days are filled with friendly wrestling, spending time in separate beds, hanging out by the fence and watching the world, and sometimes even full on fights--I caught this moment of sibling love.

We have learned that while the puppies are at the groomer they are inseparable. When one is out of sight of the other, s/he cries--especially Gershwin. They even share a crate when they are at the groomer! 

One day, when Mom left to take Tovah Rose to agility class and I was still asleep in bed, I heard Gershwin howling in distress over the absence of his big sister. He was not comforted until I brought him in the bedroom with me, or until our cleaning person, Sue, sat with him.


Four Paws and Two Lowchen Tails



Since that Gotcha Day two years ago, my heart continues to swell with joy and love for these fur babies of mine.

Happy Monday!

Blessings,

Emily







No comments: