FAQs

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Hunter (conducting) with his Marching Band and Choir friends.
I'm so appreciative of our wonderful neighbors who are so great about making sure to pop in so I can say hi and see the fun costumes. It's too difficult for me to be at the door to hand out treats, so many of the neighbors come in for a visit. I LOVE it! 

One of my most favorite neighbors, Hunter (Alexandra's brother), always goes trick or treating with a group of kids from marching band and choir. Dressed as carolers, they sang "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and "Feliz Navidad". And boy, are they ever good!

When Hunter introduces me to his friends (one of whom is the current president of marching band, one of whom is the current drum major, one of whom I used to babysit for, and one of whom has a deceased uncle who was my classmate) he says: "This is Emily. She was president of marching band too!" It's so sweet! I love all of the small town connections. 

When so many neighbors make the extra effort to bring their kids inside for a visit or Hunter and his friends make a special effort to stop at our house to sing, it is a reminder of how such simple and kind gestures can make such a big difference.

Most of the other kids were in and out too quickly for a photo shoot (gotta get to the next candy stop!), and Miss Alexandra (despite efforts on her part) wasn't able to come while I was awake tonight. Kaylee didn't hesitate to pop into my bedroom to show off her costume, as I was still in bed resting when she got here.


Since returning home from our trip last week, I've mostly been stuck in bed feeling very sick, watching brainless TV, and trying to get some rest (which is difficult with a pissed of ANS). So, I haven't been able to tackle photos, blogging, email or FB (although I hope to log on and check out the Halloween costumes!). The good news is 1. I'm all caught up on Project Runway, Dancing with the Stars, and other important shows, 2. I was able to be awake for our Halloween visitors, and 3. I managed to upload the photos and get online to write this post. The bad news is how crummy I feel.

If you need a post-sugar-high-smile, I've posted a short video below of Hunter and friends singing Feliz Navidad. They rock! (You may need to scroll down to the bottom of my blog to PAUSE the playlist so you can hear the video.)




I will try to blog as soon as I am able.

Blessings and many thanks to our wonderful neighbors!

Emily


2 comments:

Katherine said...

Hi Emily--So sorry you are feeling poorly after your travel. I know that is to be expected. But I am sure it is very frustrating. Hope you are feeling a little better each day and that your dr visit went well.

Rachel Lundy said...

Oh my goodness - do you have a purple wall in your house? How did I never know this?!

I'm glad you were able to see some Trick-or-Treaters. How fun that they come in to see you!

I'm sorry you're still feeling so crummy after your trip. :( It's sad that having fun has to take so much out of you.

Love you, friend.

Rachel