FAQs

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Visit: Margaret, Kurt and The Lentil


Kurt, Margaret and the Lentil.

Fellow Davidsonian Margaret, her husband Kurt, and their little Lentil visited me last week as they made their way to their new home across the country. Despite having lived on the same freshman and sophomore halls at Davidson, Mags and I had lost touch until we found each other on Facebook. She started reading my blog, we started reconnecting, and we got to 'meet again' last week as adults. And I got to meet her wonderful husband, Kurt, whom I had heard so much about. It was AMAZING! 

Margaret and Kurt made such a huge effort to time their visit during my 'awake hours' of the day and accommodate to my needs. My body really rallied for the visit and I felt emotionally uplifted from the time we spent together.  


Great candid shot by Mom.

None of us wanted the afternoon to end, but I needed a rest and Margaret and Kurt needed to hit the road. Margaret promised me that "this is just the beginning" and we will see each other again--maybe even as soon as the holidays (before the Lentil arrives)!!


Margaret and Kurt: Thank you so much for the delightful visit! Y'all come back now, you hear?


Blessings,


Emily

No comments: