FAQs

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Birthday Weekend: Part I

Gluten-free, Dairy-free cupcakes. Thanks Marla for the mix! Yellow cake, chocolate frosting, pink sprinkles (of course).

After the cousins were here on Friday, we spend the rest of the weekend celebrating my birthday. I tried to spread out the celebrating so that I could enjoy it as much as possible without getting too sick or too overtired!

 It is rare to get Abbie to cooperate for photos, so I was super excited about this shot!

On Saturday afternoon, Mom made lunch for all of us (Dad, Abbie, Mom, me). We had a great visit and a great kick-off to the weekend. 

Asher loved opening presents too!


Mom and me.

Being serenaded by Dad and Abbie. Look we're even color-coodinated.

After Asher helped me open my presents, Dad and Abbie serenaded me with their version of Happy Birthday. Every year it's a different mix of 'harmonies' on Dad's part while Abbie keeps the melody going.

Make a Wish!
Thanks to Mom for making lunch for all of us so that we could have a low-key celebration at home. We're very fortunate that we all get along and have made this 'new family' work. 

Blessings,

Emily

1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! You look so beautiful in your blue dress.

I wish I could have been there to celebrate and eat GFDF cupcakes with you!