FAQs

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Birthday Weekend: Part II

'Birthday Cupcake' Bouquet from a Friend. Makes me smile so much!



After our lunch with Dad and Abbie I spent the weekend taking a time out from to-do lists and using all of my energy points to enjoy time with loved ones--meals together, phone calls, reading cards, and opening gifts. I wasn't exactly looking forward to my birthday, but thanks to all of YOU it turned out to be a weekend filled with so many life-affirming gifts. 


Mom and Jeannine. Thank you Lanadoodles for the flowers!

We topped off my birthday weekend by having dinner Monday night with Jeannine. We were all pooped, but it was great to be together.

On Sunday afternoon we were able to sit out on our new patio and visit with a neighbor, talk to a couple of relatives on the phone, and open gifts. On Monday afternoon I was able to take one phone call from a college friend who I talk to once a year on our birthdays (which are only a day apart) before pooping out! I also received a SOLO birthday serenade from Dad. 

My ANS is still SCREAMING at me for all that I did over the weekend. 


Bestest Friends. Two pooped out peeps.

Jeannine's gift to me was many small items she had collected over time that she hoped would bring me more joy, such as a super fun nail art kit! Her other wishes for me this year were for forward motion in my health and a sense of peace. One of my closest friends knitted me a sweater called the Shalom sweater. 

I couldn't think of three things I desire and wish for more in the coming year: more joy, more peace, and improved health. 

Sweet birthday flowers Mom got me at the Farmer's Market

Thank you to all of you--my dear friends and family--who made me feel so incredibly loved and blessed. You spoiled me with your cards, emails, singing voice mail messages, FB messages, texts, phone calls, flower and package deliveries. I'm having a difficult time expressing how much you lifted me up with your kindnesses and I have no idea how I can ever thank those of you who support me enough.

THANK YOU!

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: