FAQs

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Finding Love


Our Redbud Tree



Dear Friends, Family and Universe: I really, really, really want to meet my life partner. You know, fall in love and all of that good stuff. I've always thought my illness meant I could never get married, but I'm trying to change that world view. I'm trying to hope that someone can see me for more than my illness and see me for the love that I have to give. They say the best way to meet someone is through someone you know--so I'm just, you know, putting this out there. I am also doing this so that I have finally said my dream out loud. Love, Emily



Spring is Here!


Last July, I posted these words on Facebook where I found myself overwhelmed by the encouragement of friends and family. It's taken me many, many years to begin to even think about opening my heart to love. I have a long ways to go in fully believing that someone will love me with this illness, but I'm taking baby steps every day to open my heart to love again. It's time now that these words are said out loud on my blog.

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: