FAQs

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Celebration: Happy Birthday Jeannine!

Being Goofy

We celebrated Jeannine's birthday tonight. What a joyful evening we had together with my 'sister' and my mom's 'second daughter'.


Jeannine and Momma S.

Gift for Superhero Jeannine


We wanted Jeannine to feel like a million bucks and like the Diva in Charge (her nickname) that she is. :) 


Seafood Kabobs

Mom's seafood extravaganza dinner was amazing.


Yum!

As was the fresh asparagus from the market.


Spinach Salad

And the fresh spinach from the market.


Eight Candles Since That is Our Fave Number


We topped off dinner with a flourless chocolate cake that I was able to help Mom bake this afternoon. I have so much to learn about baking and cooking, but I'm so excited to even feel well enough to begin learning some things. Today, Mom got a laugh out of me trying to separate the eggs.

In the past, I would not have been able to help Mom at all, and I would have rested all day until dinner.


This Cake Was A Hit!


Even though separating eggs is not my forte yet, the cake tasted amazing.



Someone Liked Her Gift


In addition, I felt well enough to wrap up Jeannine's gift and make her card. I'm savoring every single moment, every single victory, every single joy--most especially the joy of the three of us being able to enjoy such a wonderful evening together laughing, talking, eating, and not worrying about me being too sick to enjoy it.


Birthday Rainbow


We even had a double rainbow today just as Jeannine walked over to our house for dinner. 



BFFs

Our Memorial Day weekend is off to a good start.



Make a Wish!


We wish Jeannine all the blessings a year can hold. We love you, J.

Happy Birthday!

Blessings,

Emily






No comments: