FAQs

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Counseling

Tovah Rose Gets Therapy

It takes a village to manage chronic illness. Part of my 'village' is having a counselor, who is in no small way responsible for my transformation this past year. 

While I was at my appointment today, Evelyn said: Tovah looks like a little person sitting there. I wish I had a camera!

I handed her my phone, and she snapped this photo. Either Tovah Rose or Gershwin get to go with me for my sessions! :) They are excellent therapy dogs. Plus, if they have any burdens to share, Evelyn is willing to listen to them. Today, Tovah Rose shared her feelings of neglect. 

So much of managing a chronic illness is the emotional side--grief, loss, anger, sadness, confusion, managing physical symptoms, finding purpose and meaning in life, creating new ways of living and finding coping strategies. I've been very fortunate to have family, friends, and professionals who are willing to journey with me emotionally.

Blessings,

Emily



No comments: