FAQs

Monday, April 14, 2008

Easter At D and A's: Meet the Family


My stay at D and A's overlapped with Easter, which is the first holiday I have spent with the entire step-family since Christmas 2005--a pretty big deal! So, this is the first time I have ever posted any pictures on my blog from Dad and Abbie's house or of my step-family. I forgot to take a picture of the front of their house to go with the outdoor pics! Oh well, next time.


This top picture is of 'the whole crew'. I'm sitting on the floor with my step-sister, Meredith, (and Asher, of course). Dad and Abbie are in the middle. Meredith's husband, Jon, is on the right (and no, we can't ever get him to smile any other way). My step-sister, Monica, and her husband, Bill, are standing on the left-hand side of the photo.


Here is a photo of the step-siblings--Meredith, Monica, and me.



Abbie with all her girls! Meredith, Monica, Abbie and me. Oh, and Asher who is not a girl, but counts as a family member and really, really likes to have his picture taken (can you tell?)!



Another shot of the three step-sisters.

The funniest moment of Easter had to have been Asher's antics. Abbie and Meredith were cleaning up the dishes when suddenly we heard a very loud noise of clanging and clattering dishes. It turns out that while no one was paying attention, Asher must have decided to check out some of those tasty Easter dishes in the dishwasher. The only thing we can figure out is that when he backed away from the dishwasher, his collar or leash caught on the lower rack, he got startled, tried to get unstuck, and pulled the lower rack of dishes with him! Thankfully the only casualty was one broken plate, which can easily be replaced.

Blessings,

Emily
Posted by Picasa

No comments: