FAQs

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Lyme Log: Good Thoughts for Penicllin Testing

Tomorrow (Monday), Dad and I are heading down to a larger medical center so that I can get allergy testing done for penicillin.

For some reason, most allergists have done away with allergy testing for penicillin so we have to travel somewhere that has the 'magic ingredient' needed. Oh, and I get to be in pediatrics--which always cracks me up. Why do they always stick me there?

By the time most of you read this blog, I will probably be home from my appointment (which is at noon), but I really feel the need to write tonight and ask for your good thoughts no matter what time of you read this blog.

I have a lot riding on this test little bitty test.

Last time I wrote a 'Lyme Log' (March 4th) I was waiting to figure out the next step in treatment, since the current plan is not working very well. I don't have the energy or strength right now to catch you up to speed on what has taken place since that last blog entry...but what a rigmarole the whole thing has been! Most all of my energy has been going into trying to get this new plan into place.

My hope is to be able to get bicillin injections to treat the Lyme. If I test positive for allergy to penicillin, our best laid plans will fall through and we'll be back to square one trying to find a new treatment plan. I am trying not to even let my thoughts go there. If you hear a very loud scream coming from the direction of PA tomorrow afternoon you will know it is me, and I've tested positive for penicillin allergy!

So I figured it couldn't hurt to ask for some good thoughts to be sent my way that things will work out as they are meant to; that whatever happens will be for my highest and best; that whatever the outcome I'll be able to pull it together to take the next step.

I think Dad is most looking forward to using his new GPS system. I know he really wanted to surprise me with his new toy when he showed up at the house tomorrow morning to pick me up, but he's terrible at trying to disguise these things. He kept asking for the address so he could print directions--which he never does and Mom always takes care of for him--so I knew something was up. I called him back and said, "You just wanted the address because you got a new GPS system didn't you?" I ruined his surprise though. He's a terrible lier and so am I--so I guess I know where I got it from!

I mean really, what a great way to get men to ask for directions. Invent a gadget for them to buy. Suddenly, asking for directions is cool!

At least I know we'll get where we're supposed to be going (even though we've been there a zillion times before--best to test out this new toy on a route we know!).

Blessings and thanks for your good thoughts,

Emily

No comments: