FAQs

Monday, October 17, 2016

Want to Understand My Illness? Watch This.



If you are reading this in email, you'll need to click here to view the video on YouTube.

Just in time for awareness month, this video is an excellent explanation of POTS, Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction and Dysautonomia.

If you want to try to understand my illness without doing a lot of reading or thinking, please take the time to watch this video produced by Dysautonomia International.

Not only is this video fantastic, it even features my doctor, Dr. Peter Rowe! Watch for him at 2:35.

"A lot of us as physicians have our own individualized approaches. I try to look at the most important factor contributing to that person's POTS."

--Dr. Peter Rowe--



"How many people have POTS? In all of our experiences here we can say we are overwhelmed with patients who have this condition"

--Dr. Kamal Chemali--



"This is real. And now it's undeniable."

--Dr. Hassan Abdallah--




"Just because someone doesn't look sick doesn't mean they aren't sick."

--Dr. Satish Raj--



"It's almost every organ of the body that's affected by this constellation of symptoms." 

--Dr. Kamal Chemali--


I'll be trying to blog all week about the basics of living with Dysautonomia and raising awareness. 

If you'd like to be part of the movement to find treatments for Dysautonomia, please consider contributing to my fundraiser for the indefatigable Dr. Peter Rowe. Thanks! Here's the link to my fundraising page.

Blessings,

Emily

1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

Thanks so much for sharing this video! I had not seen it yet. It's a very good explanation of POTS in a short video. I think I might copy you and share this on my blog this month too. I haven't done anything yet for Dysautonomia Awareness Month on my blog! Agh!

And I was too tired to say this in my comment on your last blog post, but I LOVED it! The pictures of you and the puppies are so beautiful. And the video you linked to of the girl with POTS who is training a service dog was so neat! I'm following her dog on instagram now. Haha!