FAQs

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

L'Shana Tova



Gluten-Free Honey Cake


L'Shana Tova!

Apples to Dip in Honey


Wishing you peace, love, joy, gratitude, and health in the New Year!


Me and Mom


Even though we just arrived home Friday after two very long days of travel, Mom committed to making sure we celebrated Rosh Hashanah. 

I'm so thankful she did, because we had a beautiful celebration--filled with some of our very favorite people and Mom's always incredible cooking.


Me and My Love



I expect this new year to bring with it many changes and many new adventures. I can't wait to continue my journey with Kiernan, to continue to find my life's path as I heal, to continue healing, and to continue to simply enjoy this life that brings me to my knees with gratitude.

Kiernan is now an integral part of every Jewish holiday and it means the world to me that he wants to, and loves to, share in the Jewish traditions.



Ready for 10 Guests!


Our delicious meal included almost all local foods from our favorite vendors.


Time to Eat!

We had brisket, turkey breast, tzimmes (carrots, sweet potatoes and dried fruit), chicken soup with matzo balls, green beans, and a tomato/spinach/arugula/goat cheese salad.

We dipped apples in sweet honey.

And topped it all off with honey cake and frozen yogurt. 

To usher in the sweetness of the new year, the tzimmes and green beans had honey in them in addition to the cake and the apples we dipped in honey.

Other than the ingredients for the honey cake, the dried fruit and the matzo balls, everything was local!


Mark, Gavin, Barb and Kaylee


We had 10 people for dinner!


Me and Marge

It's so much fun to share these special holidays with such wonderful people. I think the joy just grows and grows when we can share good food and be around those we love.

I love feeling well enough to enjoy a fun, big, energized group of friends and family.

Me and Dad


I loved that Dad joined us while Abbie was out of town for a girls weekend, and just fit right in.


Me and Barbara


In addition to Mom, Dad and Kiernan, we enjoyed having our neighbors, Barbara and Marge, who so often join us for the holidays, along with Barb, Mark, Gavin and Kaylee, also our dear neighbors and friends.



It was a fun crew.



Tovah Joins the Celebration (Photo Courtesy of Kiernan)

Even Tovah got into the spirit, even if this toy was a, um, Hanukkah toy. :) 

The Peace Bench at Barbara's House in Maine. 

So much to look forward this year. So many new choices and decisions about my new life. And a very big election. I'm ready for the journey.

To a Sweet NewYear!

And most of all, Peace.

Blessings,

Emily






1 comment:

Kristen said...

Looking at your mom's cooking makes my mouth water! I can't believe you guys threw this party together so beautifully after your long trip. Looks like a wonderful celebration! :)