FAQs

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Maine: Listen to the Calm

Snapped A Pic On My Phone When We Arrived

We are in Maine! For two whole weeks!

Mom, the puppies and I arrived this afternoon after a very long two days of traveling. 

This was a bit of an unexpected, last minute and unplanned trip, that we are so excited to have the opportunity to take.


The House


Our neighbor and friend, Barbara, and her family own a house here in Maine near Acadia National Park. I have never been to Maine, and it is a place I have dreamed about coming for many years.

Barbara would always say to me: "I hope you are feeling well enough some day to go to our house in Maine."

Barbara usually spends this time of year in Maine, but decided not to go this year. We offered to take her for a couple of weeks and all travel together, but she decided to stay home. We reached out to her son who takes care of the rentals, and thanks to his kindness and generosity, we were able to make a two week trip to stay here.


Woke Up From My Nap to a Moonrise


I felt well enough this year to make the trip. We felt that we had time to make the trip. You only live once, right?

So, here we are!




We were greeted by the spectacular view from the house, and a gorgeous moonrise tonight. 

Hopefully, tomorrow I'll be more prepared for the moonrise and get outside in time to get some better photos.


This Will Be Our View for the Next Two Weeks!


We plan to spend time relaxing on the big deck, going to Acadia National Park as often as we are up to it, going on a Nature Cruise, and making a trip to Ellsworth to the L.L. Bean Outlet and Reny's.




Mostly this is a trip about relaxing, resting, and restoring our souls. 

I plan to completely unplug from FB, and limit texting and emailing as much as possible. Hopefully, in the evenings when it is dark, I'll have time to continue blogging.




Just a couple of years ago, this type of trip was still unimaginable. I was a little sad about leaving Kiernan for two weeks, but when I told him we had an opportunity to go to Maine he immediately assured me that we should take it because I would fall in love with Maine.

I'm so grateful to see a part of the country I've never seen before and to be in the comfort of someone's cozy home surrounded by forest and water. 

This trip is truly a dream realized and a dream come true. I have dreamed of coming to this house for at least a decade. 

Thank you to Barbara and Paul for making this possible!

I plan to "Listen to the Calm" of Maine.

Blessings,

Emily




2 comments:

Kristen said...

These pictures are gorgeous!! Enjoy your dream-come-true! :)

Rachel Lundy said...

Wonderful!!! I'm so glad you get to spend two weeks there! Enjoy, relax, and take in the beauty!