FAQs

Monday, September 05, 2016

Labor Day and Lana


Please click here to view the link in my blog.


Kiernan and I got to take Lana on a big Saturday afternoon outing this weekend. We had a blast! I hope you'll take a minute to watch the YouTube video--to see Miss Lana in action, to see me in my new state of health, and to see and hear Kiernan! :) I just discovered this new function on my camera and now think it is the coolest thing ever!



At the Marsh

The afternoon was filled with laughter, silliness, beautiful weather, nature, play, and quality time just the three of us.

Being able to be with Lana in this new way--engaging fully with her--and growing in my relationship with her fills me with joy.

I love that she is getting to know Kiernan and trust him, too.

Whether or not Kiernan and I have a child of our own, it's so important to me to share the joy of children with him, together. He's so great with kids and they totally love him.

Checking Out the Fishies!


First, we spent some time at one of mine and Kiernan's favorite parks--a marshland--where Lana ran on the boardwalks for a bit.


Rock Climbing


Next, we headed over to another favorite park--which brought back memories of Labor Day Weekend picnics with my high school girls! 



Something I Haven't Done In Decades!

We waded in the stream.

Striking a Pose

And Lana was able to talk Kiernan into going into the water...

Goof balls


A six year old is a much more persuasive than I am!


Zip Line Time!


Lana has not spent a lot of time with Kiernan, but she adores him and seems completely at ease with him. She trusts him, and asks him to play and to help her.



These Two Get Along So Great!

Mr. Kiernan is one silly guy.

His New Campaign Photo



We ALL partook in the fun!



Kiernan needed a few lessons from Lana on how to 'pump' correctly and make sure to swing from front to back and not side to side. :) Haha. Lana got such a kick out of Kiernan pretending he didn't know how to swing.


She was very serious about discovering who could swing higher!




I tried the zip line too...quite unsuccessfully. Not meant to carry my own body weight quite yet!


So. Much. Joy.

Land made Kiernan work pretty hard! :)




Buddies

That Kiernan is a funny one.


We showed her our favorite covered bridge.

I Love My Niece!

Thanks, Lana, for the great afternoon! I think we were ALL equally pooped out.

And it was worth every ounce of energy.

On Sunday evening I got to go out to drinks with Sarah, sit by the fire pits at restaurant, have a my first-ever cosmopolitan and chat for 3 hours! 

(No pic because it was too dark!)

A busy but wonderful Labor Day weekend: One on one time with Kiernan, time with Lana and Kiernan, Lunch with Kiernan and his dad, drinks with Sarah, and a day to NOT labor on Monday. I needed the rest and, while I felt okay doing everything, my ANS threw a fit Sunday evening and didn't let me sleep! Still trying to find that balance between pushing, but not pushing too hard.

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: