FAQs

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Make-Overs, Bucket Lists and Photo Shoots

Post-Makeover Photo Shoot


As I write this post, I'm a little tired from bouncing off the walls the past week! Being able to have such a wonderful Passover, go to the Easter biscuit hunt, have Marjie over for tea, go for StRolls now that Spring is here, and go on a big shopping outing has left me literally crying tears of joy and gratitude. 


It just feels so good to do normal every day things--all the things I've been wanting to do and unable to do for so long. 

Yesterday, Mom and I made an outing to Ulta where we spent two hours--90 minutes of which was spent with the store manager who gave me a make-over!


My New Look: Thanks to All of My Friends for Product Suggestions!
I particularly like that the name of the Tarte cheek statin is "Tipsy"! :)

We all know I can take life a little too seriously. I'm working on carving in more FUN.

I love being girly. I love cute clothes and painted fingernails and haircuts and jewelry and nice make-up. I'm not going to apologize for this--I'm not extreme in any way. 

I love the balance that fun, girly, pretty things give me in a world that is so often not pretty when it comes to illness. Because let's face it--very little about illness is pretty, sexy, or girly--except maybe my cute pajamas.

Feeling Happy


Growing up, Mom and I always enjoyed back to school shopping for new clothes, the arts festival in town, or just putzing in the cute shops downtown. It's something we miss doing together.
In recent years, I've either ordered things online (which I find difficult for clothes) or Mom has tried to do all of the shopping for me. It's not fun for her at all. And always leaves me feeling like I don't have the freedom to choose what I really want.


The Two Princesses

So when the Ulta flier arrived in the mailbox last week, I decided I wanted to make an outing there. (I had already posted on FB earlier to ask my friends what product lines to use that 1. they liked a lot, and 2. were environmentally friendly and safe to use.)

Mom and I scheduled a shopping date. We put it in the calendar. We planned ahead. We spent two hours at a store. 

Wait. Read that again. We planned ahead. We shopped together. We were at the store for two hours. 

No having to 'wait and see how I feel when I wake up', no rushing in and out of the store as fast as possible before I cannot sit up any longer, no Mom having to make decisions without me.


My Sweet Little Guy


Getting a make-over may be simple and frivolous. It's the freedom to be able to go out and shop for fun, for me, for just what I want that has me flying high. And for a girly girl like me, at 38, it feels good to have 'getting a make-over' crossed off my bucket list. :)

I bought several of the products yesterday, and will gradually be purchasing the rest of them. I have decided this 'new look' will be my 16 year anniversary of getting sick gift to myself.

Blessings,

Emily





No comments: