FAQs

Thursday, February 25, 2010

X's and O's



We were able to mark 18 weeks of treatment with an outing to the little local pet store. My uncle reminded me of the religious significance of the number 18. Chai. Life. So it was good to mark the day doing something that always makes my soul soar.

Going to the little pet store with Mom, Asher and The Rolls is on of my favorite things to do. Of course, Asher does not need one more toy or one more of anything for that matter. So we always go to stock up on his favorite treats.


Aren't all of these little treats so cute? I love getting the X's, O's and Hearts the most!

I know it's silly how much I love this as an outing, but everyone who works at this store is crazy about dogs and crazy about doing good for them. Asher is always a star when he goes. I think I eat up the attention as much as he does. In the car, he senses when we are getting close to our destination.

It's such a 'safe' place to go in the The Rolls. No one cares about the chair or that I'm sick. We all just love and enjoy dogs. I totally went in my PJs! I am very, very serious about this pajama thing!



We topped off the outing with a goodie from the farmer's market: a homemade date nut roll. Yum!

Not the best decision on my part to continue on to the market after the trip to the pet store, but I just wasn't ready to head back home yet. I figured if I just rested in the car with the seat reclined I'd be okay, and I stayed in the car while Mom popped into the market. It's frustrating how just a few extra minutes tagged on to an outing can be the tipping point.

So, Asher and I were both pooped after our outing. Of course, he had no problem sleeping whereas I ended up having difficulty napping and did not fall asleep until 5 am the next morning. I caught up on three hours worth of BBC World news, though, and finally fell asleep when the rest of the world was waking up to Morning Edition. Ugh.

Still, it was grand to get a mini-outing in, especially one that I love so much.

Blessings,

Emily

Photos: X's and O's; All kinds of fun shapes, flavors, crunchiness, and sizes!; his daily bones to work on that old man tarter build up!

2 comments:

alia said...

Is there a farmers market in State College now? Wow... times change... though I guess being next door to Grange Fair makes it an obvious thing... :}

Rachel Lundy said...

Those are such cute doggie treats! That's awesome that you went in your PJs. I love it!