FAQs

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

A Visit With Miss Erika, Asher's Gotcha Day and How to Catch Up on Blogging



Miss Erika Visits At The Beach!


I'm struggling to find a pattern for blogging. I'd like to blog more about the beach, continue to blog on what is going on in life right now and also write some more in-depth posts including medical updates and musings on transitioning from illness to wellness.

So, I'm just gonna mix it up and throw in posts of different varieties depending on my energy and time.


Miss Molly


Our time at the beach was so much more social this year than last year. Miss Erika, who had been a caregiver for me in 2005 (my sickest year), came to visit us at the beach. She brought her pooch, Molly.

Erika is another caregiver with whom I have stayed in touch and maintained a friendship. However, we have not seen each other since 2009!


Miss Erika and Asher in July 2009


You can click on the link above to see that blog post, but I also pulled up this photo of Miss Erika with her buddy Asher. It seems fitting to post about Erika's beach visit on the same day as the anniversary of Asher's Gotcha Day because the two were so incredibly bonded. Erika had a special place in her heart for Asher.


Gershwin and Molly


During this visit, we each met each other's new dogs. Gershwin was super excited about a playmate for the day. Tovah Rose was totally uninterested.

Since it was a rainy day, we stayed inside at the condo, ate a leisurely lunch, painted our nails and talked. 

I got to hear from Erika in person that she is pregnant with her first child. 

I've been able to watch these young women we hired as college students grow into adults, seek out careers, move, marry, and have children.


Molly, Erika and Tovah Rose


Erika and I are not going to go another six years without seeing each other, that is for sure. Especially now that a little one is going to be in the picture. :)

Thanks so much for traveling for the day to see us all Erika! What a blessing to see you again and to be a part of your life for the past decade.

Blessings,

Emily




No comments: