FAQs

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Monday Dog Blog: Sleeps with Dogs

Gift from Marla

A sweet, thoughtful, and fun gift arrived in the mail from Marla last week--a pillowcase with the above printed on it. She knows me so well!

Yup, sleeps with dogs. That's me.


TV Time


First, we all settle in for some TV. As you can see, these two aren't in it for the TV show, but instead for the snuggles.


This Guy Can Really Sack Out! His Mouth is Hanging Open!


For most of their lives, Tovah Rose and Gershwin have slept in crates in my bedroom. But now that Asher is gone, I miss having a dog near me to fall asleep. So, I caved in and started letting these two sleep in bed with me. 

Gershwin has not quite gotten the hang of the idea that sometimes Mommy needs to roll over during the night--which results in me needing to wake up and move him. One night, I tried to give him a little noodge with my foot and he fell off the bed! Oops!

I'm aware of all of the research that says letting your dogs sleep in bed with you means poorer quality of sleep, but I'm such a crappy sleeper anyways--in and out of sleep all night long--that I'm not quite sure it makes a whole lot of difference whether or not Tovah Rose and Gershwin sleep with me or not.



Taking Over My Pillow


While Gershwin likes to sleep against the back of my legs, Tovah Rose has always liked to sleep above my head on my pillow. I got out of bed the other night to discover she had taken over the pillow entirely. 

Oh how these little creatures wiggle their way into our hearts...and our beds.

Happy Monday!

Blessings,

Emily




No comments: