FAQs

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Happy Father's Day Dad!

Professor Dad

Happy Father's Day to my Dad!

This year we really get to enjoy celebrating--we'll be going out to a new Thai restaurant in town, I've got a gift ready to go, and then Dad even agreed to stop at Talbot's to look at shoes for my reunion. I am sure his favorite part of our father-daughter date day will be shoe shopping! :) I'm so excited to be able to really spend time with Dad on his special day.

I snapped these photos of Dad one day for his webpage and thought they were great shots of him.


Professor Dad


I'd also just like to shout out to my dad how much I love him.  I think I learn to love him more every day. After many years of struggle we've come to a place of peace, understanding, respect, compassion, and nurturing. I'm sad we missed out on years of this type of closeness, yet I try to live in an understanding that maybe this was our journey and our path to each other. Still, I think of the time we have left and savor it.

Thank you, Dad, for your counsel, for your wisdom, for your constant support, for your commitment to my present and to my future, for your hard work, for your sense of humor, for your compassion, for your 100% stand-by-me on my medical journey no matter what attitude, for your perseverance through your own life, for your passion, and most of all, for your love.

Happy Father's Day!

Love, 

Champ

No comments: