FAQs

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our Valentine's Day...

We had a very nice Valentine's Day today!

Here are the pictures of the day...

Some very delicious homemade chocolate covered strawberries to top off a wonderful dinner. Yum!

A goofy picture of Mom and I together. We have so very few pictures of the two of us together. I was hoping to catch Jeannine and have her zip over from four houses down to take a couple of pictures of Mom and I, but she wasn't home. So I attempted to hold the camera out in front of me and snap a picture of the two of us. It didn't work so well (yes, I should read the directions and learn how to use the timer...), but I still like this photo of the two of us together. We were dressed in the exact same outfit today--pants and sweater! 

 I have so few pictures of Mom compared to everyone else, so we each snapped pictures of each other. I love this one of her. I think she has fewer wrinkles than I do!

And then she got a picture of me! :) Finally a new picture of me for my blog profile in which I don't look soooo pale. Note the pin I am wearing (hard to see), but it has a little string on it that, when pulled, makes a little image of two people kissing pop up. I looked at the back of the pin today just out of curiosity to see if it might have a copyright date on it. It did. 1980. I have been wearing the same Valentine's Day pin for 29 years?! :) I still love it!

Asher wouldn't pose for the camera tonight but he is also wearing his Valentine's Day 'outfit' (a bow), and here he is enjoying his Valentine's Day toy. Squeak, squeak!

Mom and I went on an outing this afternoon just to spend some time together. I haven't been shopping in a very long time because I don't enjoy it and don't feel well enough to do it. Now that I am on the midodrine, though, we were able to go for a little shopping trip (very short) to look at some bedding choices for my new bedroom. We went to two stores but didn't find anything. Why is everything aqua and brown right now?! Still it felt like 'old times' a little bit to go out together, even for a little while.

After my nap, we had our dinner and and chocolate covered strawberries. I finished off the evening later with some salty popcorn and some of the Westminster Dog Show (I'm still watching it all these days later!).

Hope you had Valentine's Day surrounded by those you love. 

Blessings,
Emily

1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

That is such a wonderful picture of you and your mom! Seriously, it's great!

Thanks for sharing about your Valentine's Day. Those chocolate covered strawberries look delicious.... :P

We had our Valentine's Day "party" last night. It was a day late, but better late than never. :)

Rachel