FAQs

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hummus Extravaganzas with Marcy

Here's to you Marcy! Happy THIRTIETH!

I can't wait for another Hummus Extravanganza!


Meet my friend Marcy! Our favorite thing is having lunch together--and it must always consist of the following items: 
  • tea (hot or cold)
  • my mom's homemade hummus
  • roasted red peppers (Marcy has me totally hooked on these now!)
  • bagels (mine is gluten-free) 
  • LOTS and LOTS of other assorted veggies such as cucumbers, spinach, green peppers, carrots, red peppers, etc. 
  • dark chocolate to top off the meal
These items make up what we call a Hummus Extravaganza! 

We try to have lunch together once a month--but it is so much harder to say we will do than actually be able to do, given her schedule and my symptoms. Plus, she has a one hour commute.

Marcy came  into my life in a very cool way! When my mom was getting ready to retire, Marcy's husband interviewed for my mom's position and took the job. Marcy and Nick needed to come to town to house hunt, so Mom invited them to stay with us. We had never met Marcy before, but Marcy and I connected immediately.

For her--she was moving to a new town where she didn't yet know anyone. For me--I had been too sick to meet new people. So, we both found each other at the perfect time. Plus, we have so many similarities and interests. Let's just say we never run out of things to talk about.

After that first meeting, Marcy and I started planning lunch dates and we continue to do so one and a half years later as often as we are able (which is much less frequently than we would like). 

The last thing I ever expected from my mom's retirement was to become close friends with the wife of the person who took her position! Marcy and I always have a great story to tell about how we met.

Our visits are, as Marcy says: just what the doctor ordered...food for the tummy and food for the soul. 

Thanks for your friendship Marcy...here's wishing you a FANTABULOUS 30th! Hope this decade is all that and a bag of chips (plus tax)! 

Blessings,
Em

Photos:  Two of our Hummus Extravaganzas together in 2008.

1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

It looks like the two of you had a great time! Isn't it wonderful to have a visit from a friend. :)

Happy Birthday to Marcy!