FAQs

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

David Does The Chicken Dance



For the life of me I cannot figure out how to make this video right side up. I should have just filmed this great moment with the camera held horizontally, rather than vertically. Why doesn't the rotate button work in iPhoto for movies? Hmph.

Speaking of Hmph...Are you feeling that way about hump day today? If so, I highly recommend you watch this video.

It's only ONE MINUTE AND TWENTY FOUR SECONDS, but I guarantee you'll be smiling the rest of the day. Or for me, the rest of the week, month, year, or until I get another David fix.

Every night at bath time, David's dad (Sam) sings the chicken dance song while he takes David's clothes off. Carrie did this with David the first two nights and we all laughed hysterically.

The third night, David let me hold him while Britt, Mom and I tried to wiggle David out of his clothes and sing to him. That was when I got the picture I posted in the first blog where he and I are smiling big time. It was one of my absolute favorite moments.

Are you wondering what in the world the chicken dance is? I didn't know it either (or I've just forgotten). It's a midwestern tradition--a song and dance done at many weddings. Britt can do the whole dance and sing the whole song. A true midwesterner. Given the number of midwestern weddings I've been to, I suppose I should remember the chicken dance. But I don't. My only excuse is that I haven't been to a midwestern wedding in over ten years.

Hope you enjoy--even if the video is sideways. Just turn your monitor sideways or something! :) It'll make it all the more goofy.

Here's to hump day, whatever you're doing. I'll be in bed herxing all day. That's definitely worth a "Hmph."

Here's to singing the chicken dance all day long!

Blessings,

Emily

P.S. If you're a subscriber remember to click on the 'hot link' in your email (anything in blue, such as the title of my blog or the title of this post), so that you can view the video content.

Photo (above): Carrie and David doing the chicken dance.
Video (below): David and Carrie get ready for bath time...David is not shy about getting naked in front of all these women! Jeannine stopped over too (that's her laugh in the background!)







1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

Very cute! I'm glad that I have now seen this chicken dance that I've been hearing about!