FAQs

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Just Call Me "Reese"!


So, I look just like Reese Witherspoon, don't I? :) Okay, as close as I'm ever gonna get!

I'm also loving this new hat from Anne. My favorite colors!

I haven't had my haircut for quite some time, so it was quite long. Surprisingly, I was able to get in one day this week to go to get my hair cut--something that always makes me feel better. I went right before my shot on Monday, before I started herxing more.  I can't explain what it is about haircuts, but they always make me feel beautiful and uplifted. Until I couldn't even leave my house to get a haircut, I didn't quite realize HOW much I love the feel of a fresh trim (or a big change). Since being sick I've cut my hair as short as one inch long and let it grow longer than it was before this haircut.

On Monday, I arrived at Judy's salon with my hair quite long (see photo below). Usually, I need to spend a bit of time 'talking through' what options might be good choices for my haircut. The same as last time? Leave a little more length? Go shorter? More layers? Less layers? Bangs? No bangs? I have an issue with having to deliberate over EVERY decision I make in life!

This time, I walked in and said, "Judy, are you feeling inspired today?" And from there, I told her to have at it and make me beautiful! She saw that I had brought a picture of Reese Witherspoon on the cover this week's Parade magazine...and as it turns out our hair is fairly similar in the way it falls (wavy, but not curly and not straight), so a few layers really perk up the curl. Rarely do I think a celebrity haircut will work on me--I want easy, simple, no blow-dry, no product! 

It's so unlike me just to say: Go for it! And let go of any sort of control over the situation. But what I needed on Monday was to let go. I feel so out of control of so many things in my life now. What's a haircut? It always grows back anyways. And it's freeing to let someone else take care of what they do best. 

And, Judy did great. I look just like Reese, of course. :) And who doesn't want to be as smart, as beautiful, as talented, and as big-hearted as Reese? 

Oh, and if you didn't know...Legally Blonde is my favorite movie to watch over and over again (I have no other movie that makes me laugh over and over again--I'm usually the type of person who watches a movie one time and that's it. But, I still love Legally Blonde!)




Me and Judy at the Salon. She's been so accommodating to me and made it easier for me to come in for haircuts. Can you tell she doesn't like getting her picture taken? :)


Oooh, look at all of that hair! :) This is just some of it...the rest hadn't been swept into a pile yet. Let's just say, I cut a bit off!

The 'before' picture...ready to be free of all this hair!

Blessings,

Emily 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love your new haircut! And you look fabulous.

I need to be brave like you and just say, "Go for it!" I never know what to do with my hair. It actually sounds like it may be a lot like yours - wavy with lots of body, but not curly and not straight.

You look great! You may just have inspired me to go for it!