FAQs

Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Sunny Sunday Afternoon Drive


Happy Thanksgiving!

This past Sunday, Mom, Asher and I went for a ride around the outskirts of town. Sunday was the first and last sunny day we've had in a while, so we used it as an opportunity for me to get some Vitamin D and cheering up. 

I've been feeling miserable from the Lyme meds (I know, I sound like a broken record), and Mom has been patiently working to find ways to 'distract' me from how lousy I feel.

So, we all went for a little ride. I brought along some little packets of candy corn (courtesy of Anne) to make it feel like I was on some sort of adventure or 'real' trip. We all (Asher included) enjoyed the goodies. I promise I only ate a little bit!

I love my new camera and I took it along to test it out. I took these pictures through the car windows while we were driving --and they still captured the day pretty well. 

One of my favorite parts about where we live is all of the farmland, the barns, the rural areas. 

I love the light covering of snow on the cornfields. I love the barns.  I love the mountains surrounding us. I love watching the fields, trees and mountains change from season to season. 

I haven't even posted my pictures of the Fall colors from a ride I took with Dad and Abbie, and it seems winter is already here.

So, here are a few pictures that make me feel warm and fuzzy and happy and cozy on these cold days. And they make me think of family the comfort of home. I hope you'll enjoy your little dose of Pennsylvania today!

Here's wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Thanksgiving.

Blessings,
Emily

No comments: