FAQs

Friday, July 04, 2008

A Very Big Fourth of July!


Well, I seem to be a little behind (more than a little!) on my blogging lately. I got these pictures downloaded right away when we got home from my BIG OUTING, but then never got the text written. So, here it goes!


I am absolutely thrilled to report that I was able to go see our local fireworks on July 4th. Mom and I joined over 70,000 people to see a spectacular fireworks show! (Many thousands more people watched from various sites around town.)


This is probably the biggest outing I have been on to date.

We made a very last minute decision to go after I awoke pleasantly surprised to be having a 'good day' on the fourth.

Here are some pictures of the night out...I wanted to capture the whole scene!


They had a hot air balloon suspended in the air with the mountains in the background. I wonder who the folks were that got to watch the fireworks from the balloon basket!?


I took my big yellow reclining chair. We found a spot along the road just big enough for two chairs. No one was in front of us because we were right at the edge of the road. We had a perfect view (and a very noisy one) of the fireworks. It was a cool and clear evening (very unusual for the fourth of July!), which meant that I could manage well and the fireworks were perfect, as the smoke was not trapped by a bunch of heat and humidity. We sat next to a wonderful couple, who took a picture of us together at the big event!


This is the view from were we were sitting. The fireworks later lit up the sky above.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to go and have such a good time! Thanks for sharing the pictures. :)
Love,
Rachel