FAQs

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm an Aunt!

I am very excited to share the news that I am an aunt!
My friend, Carrie, and her husband Sam welcomed baby David to the world in June. He was a whopping 9 lbs. 7 oz.! :)


Since I don't have any siblings, I am so excited to be an aunt to Carrie and Sam's baby! Thank you, thank you, thank you Carrie and Sam for the blessing of letting me be Aunt Em to David.

This pic is from the hospital after the birth...aaawwwwww...



Carrie and a mutual friend, Britt, had planned a trip here earlier this spring while Carrie was prego so that we could all have one last girls weekend together before Carrie had her baby. Unfortunately, Carrie got the flu and the trip as cancelled. Britt and I are still keeping our fingers crossed for a visit--as we haven't met except to plan Carrie's wedding shower and such together via email and phone! Not getting that visit in was a major bummer for all of us.


I was really hoping to see Carrie in her pregnant state, since last summer I got to see Loralea and Marla pregnant. I was beginning to think there was something to pregnant women flocking to my house at the six month mark!


So, the best I have is a picture of Carrie at the six month mark. I have no idea what she looked like at the end of her pregnancy, because despite my badgering her for a photo of her self-described humongous state, she wouldn't send me a photo! However, we now know why she was so big--she was carrying a very big baby!


When she telephoned from the hospital, she said, "...we had a boy. His name is David...and get this Emily...he was 9 lbs. 7 oz...."

Here's a great picture of Carrie, Sam and David.

All throughout the pregnancy, Carrie and Sam nicknamed the baby "Roscoe". Now, we're all having trouble breaking the habit of calling David, well, David. So Carrie keeps signing his name as David-Roscoe!

Congratulations to Carrie and Sam!
And welcome to the world baby David!
I wish so much I could be there to meet him!

Blessings from Aunt Emily

Note: To protect David's privacy, I waited to post so that his date of birth would not be known, as well as any other identifying details. I get a little paranoid about protecting people's privacy, especially babies!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: