FAQs

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Seventh Birthday Asher!


On Wednesday we celebrated Asher's seventh birthday! It was definitely the highlight of my day, since the rest of my day was spent sleeping post-bicillin shot. Asher spent the day sleeping at his post in front of my bedroom door, waiting for me to get up, and making sure that I was okay. Keeping watch of me is his full-time job around here.

The big question is will he start to mellow out now that he's becoming an old man?


Mom brought up some heavy cardboard boxes so that we could package his presents in them with tissue paper. Somehow Asher has come to love boxes, and anytime a package arrives he thinks it's for him. I wonder how that started? Hmmm....maybe he got a lot of packages of toys and goodies when he was little?



One day when I wanted to try to go on one of my 'outings' we decided to make a trip to the locally owned pet store. Asher got to go along too! He was the 'star' at the store and even got to see his Aunt Betsy.


I had a blast picking out his birthday presents, spending an obscene amount of money on an organic, eco-friendly dog toy and just being able to get out of the house for a little trip. I also got a new ring for outside play (his very favorite toy of all-time, so much so that we are on at least the fifth one of these things!). I think he liked the butterfly squeaky toy from my friend, Sarah, (who was here visiting this past weekend) the best! (Thank you Sarah!)


What a spoiled pooch! He also got a few bites of fillet mignon leftover from our dinner earlier in the week. I made him work hard for it though--roll over, sit, stand, circle left, circle right, shake, wave, which hand?, down, look, pretty boy. I think he had a pretty darned good birthday.



Doesn't he look like a very happy birthday boy? Look at these cool toys! :)

Happy Birthday to our Asher Dasher!

Blessings,

Emily
Posted by Picasa

No comments: