FAQs

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sarah and Bob Visit: A Pleasant Afternoon, As Always

Time to get caught up on blogging about July's visitors! On July 15Th Sarah and Bob came over for an afternoon visit. As always, it was a pleasant and relaxing visit. Why did I choose the word 'pleasant' rather than 'wonderful' or another adjective? The word reminds me so much of what my parents both say after an enjoyable visit with friends. "Oh, we had such a pleasant evening" or "It was a pleasant visit." So, rather than seeing this as a 'blah' word, I've learned to view remarking on a visit with friends or family as 'pleasant' as a compliment.

I'm pretty spoiled by Sarah, since she is a townie and we get to see each other several times a year when she comes home to see her family. She always comes bearing some sort of 'treat'--this time it was an album of her and Bob's recent honeymoon on a Disney Mediterranean cruise. And Bob always comes bearing a new batch of CDs for me to listen to and discover new music. I think Sarah is responsible for my entire butterfly collection in my bedroom!

Sarah is, as a friend, steadfast, loyal, faithful, patient and loving. She's also hysterically funny, goofy, and places great importance on embracing her inner-child, which I love! She's the friend who calls once a week, no matter how many weeks her calls go unanswered. She keeps calling and leaving messages just to say "I'm thinking about you. If you can call me back I'd love to talk to you but if you can't I understand. I love you and I miss you." Over and over, without seeming to get weary.



Sarah and I met in band (of course!) when I was a freshman and she was a sophomore in high school. We've been friends ever since, and grown closer over the years.

I'm always looking forward to her next trip home and our next visit, and I'm enjoying getting to know her new husband. AND I can't wait to meet her new puppy that they got just two days after they were here! Hopefully she'll be potty trained by then?!

As always, thanks for a 'pleasant visit'!

Love,

Emily

Photos: Sarah and Bob looking all cute. Pretty in Pink--me and Sarah (wearing her Disney cruise shirt, of course!). Yes, I want her skin tone! Yikes, sitting next to her amplifies my paleness!

No comments: