FAQs

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Trip to the Beauty Shop!!!

Today I made my first journey outside of the house for something other than a doctor's appointment in over two and a half years!

I got my first professional haircut at a beauty shop since the fall of 2004! I have been so excited about this I haven't been able to stop talking about it!

Other than a 'real haircut' by my Aunt Jeanette (who is actually trained as a beautician), my mom has been cutting my hair. She's been doing a pretty good job (considering she is certainly NOT trained in this arena!) and she's certainly been saving me a LOT of money! HOLY COW was I in for sticker shock after paying for the haircut, tip, and some 'goop' with which to scrunch up my new layers.

Judy (the hairdresser) says my layers are quite 'in style' right now. So, even though I still never really leave the house, I can at least be in style for my visitors! And, I'm sure Asher will appreciate it. Haha!

It's amazing what a lift something so simple as a haircut can provide. I swear I should go to the beauty shop more often just for the ego boost! (Oooh, you have such beautiful hair! Oooh, you look fantastic! Oooh, you don't look 31 you look 20! Oooh, you look great!) Geez! We all need that everyone once in a while!

So, that's my big news of the day! I am just so excited about this milestone. I feel like I am beginning to really see new progress in my healing and I am just thrilled. The tortoise is out of her shell, and starting to crawl forward!

Hopefully I can re-create this look at home with little to no maintenance! I shower at night, and just spritz my hair with water in the afternoon when I wake up. So, I should be able to take advantage of my natural curl, spritz, put in goop, scrunch, let air dry and be set for the day. After nap: scrunch again! I never spend more than about two minutes on my hair!

Now, it is definitely time for a nap! But, I'm just soooo happy and excited!!!

Blessings,

Emily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, I'm so glad you were able to go to the beauty shop! It sounds like you had a very nice trip out. You're hair looks great! Enjoy your new look! :-) Lots of love, Rachel

Melanie said...

Woooo wee! You ARE beautiful!! I want more pics - more pics!!! A 360 look!!! I want to see the layers!!!

My daughter says side bangs are really "in" too!

You are stylin' now!

xox,
Melanie

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,



I’m also so thrilled the tortoise is out of her shell and is crawling forward. What a milestone! I hope ad pray you continue to make to keep crawling forward. I am so so happy for you!



Jean